Monday, December 20, 2010

Lists

Top Adjustments

(not in any particular order - they are all annoying!)

1.  No recycling program (it KILLS me to throw away perfectly good cardboard and glass)
2.  Delayed freight planes with food orders and grocery store supplies (tonight we went to the grocery stores and they had both run out of bread and were getting REALLY low on milk, and unspoiled fruits and veggies.  Also if the plane doesn't come in, we will not have a turkey for Christmas!)
3.  Extra darkness in the morning - it's hard to get going.
4.  No dishwasher (my hands are killing me from being so dry - I guess I will have to start wearing gloves. yuck.)
5.  The "loss" of my wonderful friends in Selkirk


Top Perks

1.  Looking out my back windows at the vast expanse of land.  No trees or houses, just blanket rocky terrain and frozen Hudson Bay waters.
2.  Brian's work location (we can see him sitting at his desk from our dinning room window!) and hours (8:30-4:30).
3.  Having the computer in the main living area. Yippee!
4.  Having a great family with young kids literally 5 steps away.  No need to start the van or get the kids all dressed.  We just put our boots on and go (we will probably run once it gets really cold)
5.  I really like my little house.  I love the open concept, the bigger eating space, the bigger closets, the much bigger entrances etc (the only downside is that we've lost our extra living space, the basement).
6.  The water tastes AMAZING straight from the tap!!!!

I will be updating this as I go along...

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this blog honey; it does my heart good to see your beautiful spirit shining through! I know it won't be easy, but I'm so proud of you for finding perks! You are an amazing women!

    Love you lots!
    Hugs and kisses to you and the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely some nice perks, even if there are some down-sides to get used to. I especially feel for you in the no dishwasher department. I know you'll make the absolute best of everything. So sorry we had to end our conversation so abruptly this afternoon... I hope there wasn't too much of a mess for you to clean up. I'm loving reading about your adventures... remind me to tell you all about the Sunday school Christmas program the next time we talk. Miss you lots already... I think about you often and send off my "text-message" prayers for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaargh!! I can't believe you are up there!! and that you're blogging, lol! Great idea. Who would have thought in a million years this would happen to you way back when we were in high school?? Northwards - love it! Call soon!
    Jen xoxo

    ReplyDelete