Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Anticipated Pictures vol. 1


Sunset during a windstorm.  The fuzzy colour is due to the wind blowing the snow across the land.



Moonset.  The sun had not risen yet but the sky was becoming a brighter blue.  I wish I had my zoom lens (we found it broken days before we moved!) because the moon was huge and pink.  The pink moon set up against the different hues of blue made for a spectacular sight one morning.


Northern Lights.  These were taken the night we all hopped in the truck and drove out of town to see them.  The pictures are fuzzy because we didn't have our tripod and for nighttime pictures the shutter stays open for 20 seconds or more.  Therefore the camera isn't very forgiving even for slight movements like breathing.  But you get the picture...



While this one is extra blurry, I love it because it gives a glimpse as to how grand these lights are compared to the town of Coral Harbour in the background.  The lights engulf the sky from one end to the other.  They are majestic.


Brian took this one and it's our best one so far.   Now that we have our tripod, we hope to get out again when it warms up a bit.



Sunset.  I love looking at the contrast between the sky and the flat land (and they say the prairies are flat!)


This is a terrible picture taken from our window (with Brian's reflection in it!) , but I wanted to share what it looks like to us even from inside.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I wish, wish, wish I could visit you. I'd even wash your dishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for ignoring your kids long enough to post these pics!! ;P

    ReplyDelete